Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a budgeting booklet years ago in New Zealand. These biscuits were lifesavers when the money was tight. They are cheap to make, easy to bake and delicious to eat and have become a family favourite. This is definitely a recipe I intend on passing on to my children. Hope you enjoy these biscuits.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Take off the heat and add golden syrup. Stir until golden syrup is dissolved.
- Stir in sugar, rolled oats and flour.
- In a small bowl or cup, dissolve baking soda in water and add to mixture.
- Mix evenly.
- Put teaspoon lots onto a greased oven tray (leave room for spreading).
- Bake at 170 degrees celcius for 8-15 minutes or until golden.
- Store in an airtight container.