Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of Buddy Valastro's Recipes from The Kitchen Boss - TLC Valastro, Buddy. "Buddyu0027s Breadcrumbs" 18 January 2011. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/master-breadcrumb-recipe.htm> 12 March 2011.
- 1 lb loaf rustic Italian bread
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, put through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fine sea salt
- The day before you plan too make breadcrumbs slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices on cake racks to dry overnight.
- In batches, crumble or tear bread slices into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse the bread multiple times until the crumbs are about the size of a dime.
- Add the cheese, garlic, herbs and salt and continue to pulse until the breadcrumbs become fine. Store what you are not using in the freezer or in your refrigerator for 3-4 days.