Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Kitchen Boss - TLC Valastro, Buddy. "Shrimp Scampi" 04 February 2011. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/valastro-shrimp-scampi-recipe.htm> 12 March 2011.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb peeled & deveined 16-20 count shrimp
- black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup buddy's breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 lb cooked linguine
- Add the oil, butter and garlic to a large saute pan and heat to medium.
- When oil is hot and the garlic fragrant, add the shrimp, and a couple pinches of sale and black pepper.
- After 2-3 minutes add oregano and parsley and saute. Keep turning the shrimp so both sides cook evenly and the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- When shrimp is done, a couple minutes longer, add the breadcrumbs and cheese, turn to coat well.
- Add the lemon juice, stirring all to combinee well. Serve over linguini.
I'm sorry to say that we didn't enjoy this dish. The flavor of the shrimp was good, but the breadcrumbs were an issue for us. They soaked up all the liquid and was a mushy mess, which resulted in flavorless pasta. I believe that even if had used other breadcrumbs we still wouldn't have liked the texture and the bland, tasteless pasta. I may take another stab at preparing this dish while leaving out the breadcrumbs and allow the flavored butter/oil coat the pasta. Thank you for your recipe. I'm always interested in trying new recipes.
My wife and I did this recipe today. It tastes simply delicious, we'll surely do this again!