Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found on the net.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup powdered milk, non fat
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon or 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine flours.
- Cut in 1/3 cup shortening until mix is coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 1 egg.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon instant chicken or beef bouillon granules in 1/2 cup water.
- Stir liquid into flour mix with a fork.
- Form dough into a ball and knead on floured board for 5 minutes.
- Divide ball in half and roll each portion until 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or shape biscuits by hand.
- Put 6 on a plate and microwave at medium for 5 to 10 minutes or until firm and dry to touch.
- Turn biscuits over after 1/2 cooking time.
I made these to take to a neighbor for their dog at their New Year's Eve party. The recipe is easy as I have all of these ingredients on hand and it went together very well. Their dog loved them and even had seconds. Pam