Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very nice soup!
- 300 g tofu
- 59.14 ml tamarind pulp, dissolved in
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 150 g okra, whole or chopped into 1 inch lengths
- 1182.95 ml water
- 177.44 ml fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 stalk leek, washed and chopped
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed,peeled and cut into wedges
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
Garnishings And Flavourings
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 50 g chopped shallots
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 12 leaf fresh Asian basil
- 6 sprig ngo om or 6 sprig coriander (known as "ngo om" in Vietnamese)
- 2-6 serrano chilies, minced
- Dissolve the tamarind in the water.
- Strain it through a fine sieve.
- Reserve the thick tamarind water.
- Discard the seeds and pulp.
- Boil the tamarind liquid with 5 cups of water in a large pot.
- Add okra, tomato wedges and pineapple.
- Boil vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Lower flame and add the leek, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the tofu cubes and soy sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Check the seasoning.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with drops of vegetable oil, shallots, bean sprouts, basil leaves, corriander and chillies.
A restaurant here serves this soup and it is delicious!
I have not tried this yet but it looks wonderful. I just want to say keep posting!! I will make this immediately and let you know the results. I love okra and do not see many recipes that include it. Thank you!!