Very nice soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g tofu
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp, dissolved in
- 1 cup hot water
- 150 g okra, whole or chopped into 1 inch lengths
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 stalk leek, washed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed,peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Garnishings And Flavourings
- 1Dissolve the tamarind in the water.
- 2Strain it through a fine sieve.
- 3Reserve the thick tamarind water.
- 4Discard the seeds and pulp.
- 5Boil the tamarind liquid with 5 cups of water in a large pot.
- 6Add okra, tomato wedges and pineapple.
- 7Boil vigorously for 3 minutes.
- 8Lower flame and add the leek, salt and sugar.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Add the tofu cubes and soy sauce.
- 11Cook for 2 minutes.
- 12Check the seasoning.
- 13Serve in individual bowls garnished with drops of vegetable oil, shallots, bean sprouts, basil leaves, corriander and chillies.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buddhist Tamarind and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh Asian basil