1/1 Photo of Buddha's Sourdough Bread
There is lots of sourdough recipes out there, this one is mine. Hope you enjoy. This makes two round loaves. Time does not include 2 1/2 hours rising time. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup water. In a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid, combine 1/2 cup water, starter, honey, butter, dissolved yeast and salt. Blend well. Gently stir in flour. Knead dough for about 5 minutes, adding more flour (if necessary) to prevent dough from being sticky.
- 2Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning dough to coat the top. cover with a towel and let rise until doubled (about 1 1/2 hours).
- 3Punch down and divide in half. Shape into 2 round loaves and place on a parchment lined baking sheet about 4" apart. Cover and let double in size (about 1 hour).
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F Bake 15 minutes; reduce heat to 375F and bake an additional 20-25 minutes longer or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buddha's Sourdough Bread
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 307.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: