Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
We enjoy this healthy and delicious dish as a vegetarian dinner served over rice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (can use chicken broth if not preparing as vegetarian)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 dried red chili peppers
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 peeled carrots, thinly sliced into coins
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup canned baby corn
- 8 ounces can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Combine sauce ingredients in medium bowl and blend well. Set aside.
- Heat wok or very large skillet. Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil and heat until very hot. Add chili peppers and stir-fry until darkened. Add green onions and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add carrots; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add broccoli and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute. Add cabbage and stir-fry 1 minute. Add baby corn and water chestnuts; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Stir sauce; add to vegetables and mix well. Cover wok or very large skillet and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove chili peppers. Serve over rice, if desired.