Recipe by veganmiss
This is a recipe used during Chinese New Year. Shao Hsing is a Chinese cooking wine. You can find it at Asian grocery stores. If you can not find it, you can use sherry cooking wine instead. The same goes for the fried bean curd. If you can not find it, use regular tofu instead.
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces medium pack fried bean curd, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stir fry vegetables (water chestnuts, bamboo shoots. straw mushrooms, baby corn, etc.)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, for frying
- white rice, cooked according to box instructions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients and let tofu marinade in them for at least half an hour.
- Steam the broccoli so that they are soft.
- In a wok, heat some sesame oil and add the onion, ginger, and garlic. Once onions are translucent, add remaining vegetables and salt.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetable broth with cornstarch.
- Add the marinated tofu, mix, then add the vegetable broth mixture.
- Cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Top over white rice.