1/1 Photo of Buddha's Chocolate Mousse Shortcakes
Sinfully delicious, and one of Buddha's favorite desserts. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated (or use chips)
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup milk
- cocoa powder
- semisweet chocolate, curls
- 1MOUSSE: Mix all mousse ingredients except semisweet chocolate until well blended and thick. Cover and refrigerate til needed.
- 2SHORTCAKES: Heat oven to 375°F In food processor process the dry ingredients briefly to mix. Scatter butter over top and pulse till it gets crumby.
- 3With motor running, add liquid and process till mixture pulls from sides of bowl. Drop 1/3 cupfulls of dough 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake about 18 minutes till puffed and look dry. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 5AT SERVING TIME: Beat chilled mousse mixture with a mixer on high speed til soft peaks form. fold grated chocolate into mousse mixture.
- 6MAKE WHIPPED TOPPING: Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar in a med bowl with mixer on high til soft peaks form.
- 7Split shortcakes in half. Fill each with chocolate mouse and whipped cream. Sprinkle tops with some additional cocoa and garnish with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buddha's Chocolate Mousse Shortcakes
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.9
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g