Buddha's Chocolate Mousse Shortcakes
- MOUSSE: Mix all mousse ingredients except semisweet chocolate until well blended and thick. Cover and refrigerate til needed.
- SHORTCAKES: Heat oven to 375°F In food processor process the dry ingredients briefly to mix. Scatter butter over top and pulse till it gets crumby.
- With motor running, add liquid and process till mixture pulls from sides of bowl. Drop 1/3 cupfulls of dough 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 18 minutes till puffed and look dry. Cool completely on wire rack.
- AT SERVING TIME: Beat chilled mousse mixture with a mixer on high speed til soft peaks form. fold grated chocolate into mousse mixture.
- MAKE WHIPPED TOPPING: Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar in a med bowl with mixer on high til soft peaks form.
- Split shortcakes in half. Fill each with chocolate mouse and whipped cream. Sprinkle tops with some additional cocoa and garnish with chocolate curls.