Recipe by TGirl,RN
Found this recipe off a website--sounded like something yummy (till I saw the 'goose liver' ingredient)--I'll be trying this MINUS the liver..
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- bacon fat, rendered from 4 oz smoked bacon
- 8 ounces goose liver
- 8 ounces field mushrooms
- 2 sweet peppers
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion in the bacon fat until transparent.
- Add the tomato purée and stir a few minutes until brown.
- Season with paprika.
- Add the diced pepers and sliced mushrooms.
- Season with salt, cover the pan and braise for 10 minutes.
- Cut goose liver into cubes, add to the vegetables and braise for 10 minutes at low heat.
- Leave aside in a warm place.
- Cut the tenderloin into 4 oz steaks, season with pepper ands salt, fry them in hot oil until brown on both sides.
- Arrange on a serving dish, cover with sauce and serve hot.
- Plain boiled rice is the best accompaniment to these rich, tasty fillet steaks.