Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I love tabouli but can't eat wheat so this buckwheat version is perfect! Buckwheat is technically a fruit not a grain and is a good source of B vitamins, Zinc and Iron.
- 1 liter water
- 10 g vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, kernels
- 3 -4 cups Italian parsley, chopped as rough or fine as you like it
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (available from delis, can use fresh tomato if preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped,more to taste
- Place water in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add crumbled stock cube, or powder, and the buckwheat kernels.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until buckwheat is tender.
- Drain, discard stock.
- Place the buckwheat in a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
- Toss to combine and serve.
Delicious! I never knew buckwheat could taste so good. I rarely get to eat tabbouleh since it almost always includes onions. It's weird but I feel like this recipe was created just for me :-) Thank you.
This is a very tasty dish, either hot or cold. It is easy to make, very healthy and is not only great for everyday meals but is a company pleaser.. Love it
Very nice ! I didn't change a thing and it was wondserful !