1/2 Photos of Buckwheat Tabouli
1 hr 20 mins
I love tabouli but can't eat wheat so this buckwheat version is perfect! Buckwheat is technically a fruit not a grain and is a good source of B vitamins, Zinc and Iron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 liter water
- 10 g vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, kernels
- 3 -4 cups Italian parsley, chopped as rough or fine as you like it
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (available from delis, can use fresh tomato if preferred)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped,more to taste
- 1Place water in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 2Add crumbled stock cube, or powder, and the buckwheat kernels.
- 3Simmer for 20 minutes or until buckwheat is tender.
- 4Drain, discard stock.
- 5Place the buckwheat in a large bowl.
- 6Add the parsley, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
- 7Toss to combine and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat Tabouli
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 210.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes