Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These have a distinct buckwheat flavour, which is nicely tempered by the whole wheat flour and the honey. The pumpkin seeds (or any other nut or seed) add a pleasant delicate crunch.
- 3⁄4 cup buckwheat flour (dark)
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix liquid ingredients thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir until moist, but not smooth.
- Stir in pumpkinseeds.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes (or longer - mine took half an hour!).
very different, nice and healthy taste.
Great taste. Reminded me of buckwheat pancakes. The pumpkinseeds added a nice crunch.
Very good muffins, not too sweet, which is how I like them. I think next time I'll make it I'll put a little less oil in and maybe one more egg, as they were a bit greasy.