Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I adapted this to make it gluten free.
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2⁄3 cup warm buttermilk (not hot)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place ingredients into your bread machine in the order suggested by your manufacturer.
- Operate machine on the regular, normal, or medium cycle (whichever your machine has).
- To prepare chile honey, heat honey, chili powder, cayenne and salt in a small saucepan.
- Stir for several minutes or until honey just starts to foam, then remove from heat.
- Stored cooled honey in an airtight container.
- Serve honey spread on slices of buckwheat potato bread, if desired.
- Question about this recipe?.
- Ask the Chef or Ask the Community.