Recipe by Lisa Pizza
These are, without a doubt the best tasting and textured noodles I have ever had! And they're fun and easy to make. You just have to plan ahead. I highly recommend them topped with pesto.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
These are delicious, but then, being a buckwheat lover, I expected they would be. I didn't make these for serving with Pesto, rather as an addition to transform leftovers into a Chicken & Noodle & Vegetable soup. The family isn't home to try them, but being the Chef, I got to taste test. Ummm yummm!!! Thanks for the recipe Lisa!
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon water (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flours and salt in food processor and whiz to combine.
- Add egg and olive oil and whiz.
- With machine running, SLOWLY add water until ball forms.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in plastic and let rest for 30-60 minutes.
- Cut noodles according to your pasta machines instructions.
- (usually put on widest setting, smoosh a small chunk of dough in flour on both sides, fold in half and run through maching. Fold again and run through and repeat once more. Then proceed to next smaller setting, etc.) I do not recommend using the very smallest setting.
- Cut as fettucini noodles.
- Bring large pot of water with olive oil to a boil.
- Add 1 Tbls salt.
- Add noodles, stir and cover with lid.
- Once the water returns to a boil, cook for approx 1 minute.
- Drain in colander and enjoy!