Missing your morning pancakes? Try a healthy alternative that's just as tasty and easy to make. Approved for Phase 2 and beyond. Makes 4 servings of 3 pancakes per person (12 pancakes). From The South Beach Diet on line site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine the buckwheat flour, whole-wheat flour, egg, and baking powder, mixing until evenly blended.
- 2Add the water, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and stir until only small lumps remain.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- 4Working in batches, pour the batter into the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom is browned.
- 5Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- 6Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat Pancakes (South Beach - Phase 2)
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 99.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g