Buckwheat Pancakes - Boghvede-Pandekager(Denmark)
- Brush a griddle or cast iron frying pan with oil and heat until sizzling hot. A bead of water should dance around when it hits the griddle.
- Sift the flour(buckwheat flour tends to lump) and stir together all dry ingredients using a whisk or large fork.
- Stir in milk, beaten eggs, butter, and vanilla; mix briefly.
- Pour a circle of the pancake batter onto the hot griddle. Buckwheat pancakes take a little longer to cook than other pancakes. Wait until tiny bubbles appear all over the surface before turning them using a wide spatula.
- Pancake batter sometimes thickens the longer it sits. You may need to adjust the batter consistency by adding a little extra milk if too thick; if the batter is too thin, add a few tablespoons of flour at a time until the batter is of pouring consistency.