Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great alternative to buttermilk pancakes. Serve with your favorite syrup or topping, or with Danish Brandy Sauce-Cognacsauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Beat the eggs well and mix with the butter.
- Sift the flours with the other dry ingredients. Stir into egg and butter mixture. Add milk. Stir until smooth.
- Cook on a hot, greased griddle. When bubbles start to form on the top, flip the cakes over and cook until done.
These were very tasty. I love to use different flours, and have always enjoyed buckwheat pancakes at restaurants. I cut back on the butter a bit and wish that I hadn't; I think somehow it works to soften the strong flavor of buckwheat. I also added some blueberries per my kids' request. I can see how these would be fantastic with honey; next time I will try that instead of the usual maple syrup. Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.
Very nice pancakes! I halved the recipe and served with honey. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013 by one of the Hot Stuff.
these are a hearty pancake .used blender and 1 t lemon juice also zwt9