Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Top these pancakes with fresh fruit of your choice.
Make and share this Buckwheat Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg whites, canola oil and milk.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the egg white mixture and the sparkling water and stir until slightly moistened.
- Place a nonstick frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When a drop of water sizzles as it hits the pan, spoon 1/2 cup pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook until the top surface of the pancake is covered with bubbles and the edges are lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the bottom is well-browned and the pancake is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Repeat with the remaining pancake batter.
- Transfer the pancakes to individual plates.
- Top each with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and serve immediately.
I did a little change up on our recipe not having the sparkling water on hand and not wanting to make a trip to the store. Gluten free flours were used and to lighten up the pancakes the egg whites were whipped and folded into the batter. These were served with maple glazed apples. We really enjoyed them. I can see myself using this recipe again. Made for the Aussie Swap.