8 hrs 6 mins
A delicious old recipe similar to sourdough and perfect for the gluten intolerant. Keep 1/2 cup of batter to use as starter for the next day's pancakes. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the milk and add boiling water.
- 2Cool to lukewarm and dissolve the yeast cake in mixture.
- 3Sift in enough flour to make a batter thin enough to pour.
- 4Let rise overnight.
- 5In the morning, add the dissolved soda, molasses and salt.
- 6Heat a greased griddle until a drop of water skitters across it.
- 7Cook pancakes and serve hot with the syrup of your choice.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 81.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g