Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
For something different, try this! It comes from our local church recipes, we all got together and made a small cook book for all the ladies.
- 1182.95 ml cooked buckwheat groats
- 236.59 ml cooked rice
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml scallion, chopped
- 59.16 ml parsley, chopped
- 78.07 ml pastry flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml basil
- 946.36 ml tomato juice
- 473.18-709.77 ml American cheese or 473.18-709.77 ml cheddar cheese, your favorite.
- 14.79 ml butter
- Combine all the ingredients onto a loose mixture, if to dry, moisten with water.
- Place into a well greased or oiled loaf pan and press down lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Sauce: heat tomato juice add cheese.
- stir until it is melted.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour over sliced buckwheat loaf.