Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
For something different, try this! It comes from our local church recipes, we all got together and made a small cook book for all the ladies.
- 5 cups cooked buckwheat groats
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch basil
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 -3 cups American cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese, your favorite.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine all the ingredients onto a loose mixture, if to dry, moisten with water.
- Place into a well greased or oiled loaf pan and press down lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Sauce: heat tomato juice add cheese.
- stir until it is melted.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour over sliced buckwheat loaf.