American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Shaw's Fancy in Annapolis, Maryland.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour or 1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 1/2 cups granola cereal (homemade or store-bought)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly butter a cookie sheet.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the flours, brown sugar and baking powder.
- 3Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture is the texture of cornmeal.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- 5Stir into the flour mixture (The dough will be sticky.)
- 6With lightly floured hands, knead in the granola.
- 7Use an ice cream scoop or 1/3 cup measure to spoon the dough onto the cookie sheet, spacing them 2 1/2 to 3 inches apart.
- 8Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- 10Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat Granola Scones
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g