Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from the package of a local product...The Bouchard Family Farm Acadian Light Buckwheat flour from the St. John River Valley in Maine. Info on the bag include...buckwheat is a herb not a grain...a great source of protein, iron, potassium and Vitamin B. Who knew!!
- Beat eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Beat until smooth.
- Grease heated griddle.
- (Test by sprinkling griddle with a couple of drops of water. When bubbles skitter, the heat is just right.) Pour batter unto hot griddle.
- Spread out batter with the back of a large spoon.
- Turn pancakes as soon as they are puffed and full of bubbles.
- (Don't wait for bubbles to break as you would ployes) Cook other side until browned.
A nice change from my usual buckwheat pancake recipe. I made this using low fat buttermilk and regular buckwheat flour (never heard of light buckwheat flour) and I got 7 large, thick pancakes. Tasty.
I got 10 thick 3-inch pancakes. Whole wheat pastry flour made them extra hearty.
totally in love with this recipe. used ginger in place of clove powder.