Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A much heartier, more filling pancake than the usual variety.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (omit if using regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat griddle or large skillet (if electric) to 375°F Grease lightly with oil. Griddle is ready when small drops of water sizzle and disappear almost immediately.
- Mix dry ingredients together; add egg, buttermilk and butter, beating well after each addition.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, turning when edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on surface. Continue to cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.
I really enjoyed these pancakes! Next time I will add shredded apple, or blueberries. Thanks for posting!