Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From http://wizzley.com/recipe-for-buckwheat-blueberry-breakfast-pudding/. Reposting here for nutritional information and easier instructions layout.
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 3 cups plain unsweetened rice milk or 3 cups other non-dairy milk substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Xylitol sweetener
- Bring milk to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan, stirring to prevent burning.
- Gradually stir in salt and buckwheat (to prevent lumps).
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't boil over. You may need to tilt the lid a bit to release some steam.
- While the buckwheat is cooking, beat the eggs and chop the walnuts.
- After the buckwheat is cooked, remove it from the heat and stir in vanilla and xylitol (or other sweetener).
- Gradually stir in the eggs, stirring quickly to prevent them from cooking on top of the buckwheat.
- Gently stir in walnuts and blueberries (or other fruit).