Recipe by kelly in TO
Healthy dessert. Topping this with a sugar-free jam is also nice with the ricotta. - Low GI
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 eggs, light beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- low-fat ricotta cheese, to serve
- fresh blueberries, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flours, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add a little more milk if the batter is too thick.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly spray with oil. Drop the batter bt the tablesppon in batches, into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until the blinis are golden.
- Serve topped with a tbsp of ricotta and a few blueberries.