Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 56.69 g onions, chopped
- 28.34 g brazil nut, sliced
- 56.69 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml oil
- 56.69 g buckwheat groats
- 85.04 g sweetcorn
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml rosemary, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- 118.29 ml water
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml salt
- pepper, to taste
- Wipe peppers& slice off their tops& remove pith& seeds.
- Heat oil& fry the onion for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Add brazils& buckwheat.
- Fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, sweetcorn, parsley, rosemary& seasonings.
- Pile mixture into pepper shells.
- Replace tops& stand in a closely fitting pan.
- Pour in the tomato juice& water.
- Bring to a boil, cover& simmer for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Carefully lift the peppers out of the cooking liquid& keep warm in a serving dish.
- Blend the cornstarch with 2 tbsps.
- of tomato stock.
- Add to the pot with the seasonings& simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Hand the sauce around with the peppers.
I have a vegetarian friend who visits once a year from Austalia and we made this for her and it was really good. Had to change it slightly but wonderful.