Tea Jenny's Note:
This is an amazing recipe, such a very tasty dish if you season well with lots of pepper and salt to your taste, but be generous with the pepper it will make all the difference. You might want it hot, or then you might want to have it cold with a green salad, ether way it's great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion and the tomatoes. Heat the oil in a sauce pan and fry the onion until transparent.
- 2Add the tomatoes and stir until softened. Stir in the buckwheat and rice and cook for 2minute.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed about 20 minutes.
- 4Adjust seasoning, then turn the mixture into a greased 7 inch square shallow cake tin. Bake in the oven at 190c 375f for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat Bake Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: