- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 lb Canadian bacon, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add egg, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons oil and stir just until blended.
- Stir in bacon.
- Heat a griddle or large heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot, then lightly brush with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Use @ 1/4 cup batter per pancake, pour batter onto griddle and cook, turning over once, until golden.