Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
Slightly bland with a subtle kick. Top with cream cheese and apples or pure maple syrup.
- 1⁄8 cup warm water
- 1 packet yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 large apple, finely chopped
- Pour warm water into bowl.
- Add yeast and 1 tablespoon Splenda.
- Let stand about 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Stir in remaining Splenda.
- In a different bowl blend sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir sour cream mixture into yeast mixture.
- Add flours and salt.
- Stir until combined.
- Add butter.
- Knead until smooth.
- Place dough into well greased bowl.
- Cover and let rest for about two hours.
- Roll out dough onto floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Mix chopped apples, cinnamon, and Splenda.
- Spread apple mixture over dough.
- Cut dough into rectangles, roll lengthwise.
- Grease a pan generously.
- Place rolls into pan.
- Cover and let rest about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with apple/cream cheese/sugar mixture or pure maple syrup.
edited to correct sentences/spelling. Very good apple rolls which we enjoyed with Poblano Pork Stew Poblano Pork Stew. The only problem I had with the rolls was I had to add a bit more sour cream and liquid, but we really enjoyed these rolls using Splenda - no one guessed I used a sugar subsitute (they taste like I used real sugar), however I did use real brown sugar for the filling. Thanks for sharing!