1/3 Photos of Buckwheat-Apple Muesli
10 hrs 8 mins
White Rose Child's Note:
I am THE farthest thing from a raw foodist, but I really enjoy this for breakfast. The texture is refreshingly unusual, and the taste is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml buckwheat groats (not kasha, which is toasted)
- 5 dates
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 1 medium apple, sliced into quarters (I like tart ones!)
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 14.79-29.58 ml shredded coconut (optional but yummy) (optional)
- 29.58 ml walnuts or 29.58 ml any other nuts or 29.58 ml seeds, of your choice
- 1NOTE: This makes a generous bowlful, so for a rather more manageable amount, use 1/4 cup buckwheat groats and reduce everything else slightly.
- 2Soak the grits and dates overnight in 1 1/4 cups of water. In the morning, drain off and RESERVE the soaking liquid.
- 3Put groats and dates in a food processor or blender (if you have a mini-blender it comes in handy here!). Add 2 of the apple quarters, the juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid. Blend till fairly smooth.
- 4Pour into a bowl. Finely dice 1 of the remaining apple quarters (you don't need the last quarter so munch away) and stir into the cereal.
- 5Top with coconut and walnuts, or whatever you like. Almonds are pretty good. So -- enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat-Apple Muesli
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g