Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a sweet BBQ sauce I have been making for 10 years or more. It is always a favorite and vanishes quickly. It is a good solid basic BBQ sauce. The Tabasco sauce gives it a nice little bite.
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml hot sauce
- Combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, molasses, honey, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce in a sauce pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until desired consistency is reached (30 to 45 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add to your meat of choice near the end of cooking; if you add too early it will burn because it is sweet.
We had this as a sauce over a pulled pork wraps & really enjoyed it! Still have enough left for a couple of burgers, too! Love these sweet sauces & the little kick it has is ever so nice! Just the kind of sauce I enjoy making & sharing with others! Definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for posting! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
I love to make BBQ Sauce and this was very good! I only made half as a test but plan on making it again soon. I will use it to make BBQ Beef Sandwiches for a meal sometime this week. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.