1/5 Photos of Buck's Beef Kabob Marinade
This is the marinade my father "Buck" used for years to make beef kabobs. I think it's from some barbecue book from the 50's. It was our family favorite for birthday dinners and family gatherings. All 5 of us kids now use this recipe with our own families. The longer you marinade the beef in it (in the fridge of course), the stronger the flavor will be. I like it mild, so I make mine in the morning and marinade the beef until dinner time. Some family members do marinade for 24 hours for a stronger flavor. Be sure to use the light soy sauce instead of regular to prevent this from being too salty. Note: You may need a package of long bamboo skewers for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 177.44 ml light soy sauce (not regular)
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml dry mustard
- 11.09 ml salt
- 4.92 ml coarse black pepper
- 118.29 ml wine vinegar
- 7.39 ml dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 1360.77 g top round beef, cut into large cubes (or sirloin steaks, cubed)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1Place some bamboo skewers in water one hour before to soak.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients in a large jar and shake.
- 3Place cubed meat in a large bowl.
- 4Pour marinade over meat and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
- 5To prepare for grilling: Light the grill. Get out one jelly-roll pan (cookie sheet). Cut vegetables into chunk-size pieces and place aside.
- 6Remove meat from the refrigerator. Begin to alternate meat chunks and vegetables on the soaked bamboo skewers and place on the jelly roll pan.
- 7When all the meat and veggies are skewered, place on the hot grill and cook to the donness you prefer.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buck's Beef Kabob Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.1
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 3178.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 57.4 g