Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This is the marinade my father "Buck" used for years to make beef kabobs. I think it's from some barbecue book from the 50's. It was our family favorite for birthday dinners and family gatherings. All 5 of us kids now use this recipe with our own families. The longer you marinade the beef in it (in the fridge of course), the stronger the flavor will be. I like it mild, so I make mine in the morning and marinade the beef until dinner time. Some family members do marinade for 24 hours for a stronger flavor. Be sure to use the light soy sauce instead of regular to prevent this from being too salty. Note: You may need a package of long bamboo skewers for the recipe.
Top Review by okeson101
5 Stars because my kids(11 and under) liked it! Kind of tart, non sweet, but lots of flavor. I chunked up roast beef for kabobs. Could have marinated longer (did 4 hours) but eventhen made the meat tender, and didn't over cook. The recipe didnt specify, and I didnt have red wine vinegar, but used white. Red would probably give it a bigger punch! Will try it that way next time. Also, didnt have light soy so used 1/2 cup regular with 1/4 cup water. and lightly sprinkled the meat with salt.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup light soy sauce (not regular)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 lbs top round beef, cut into large cubes (or sirloin steaks, cubed)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 large yellow onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Place some bamboo skewers in water one hour before to soak.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large jar and shake.
- Place cubed meat in a large bowl.
- Pour marinade over meat and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
- To prepare for grilling: Light the grill. Get out one jelly-roll pan (cookie sheet). Cut vegetables into chunk-size pieces and place aside.
- Remove meat from the refrigerator. Begin to alternate meat chunks and vegetables on the soaked bamboo skewers and place on the jelly roll pan.
- When all the meat and veggies are skewered, place on the hot grill and cook to the donness you prefer.