Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
I know there are a few recipes out there for Buckeyes, but THIS is the best recipe I swear. Every Christmas I love to make these and sometimes I couldn't find my family's recipe so I would try a different recipe always to be disappointed that something didn't turn out quite as good as my family's recipe.
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 20 ounces chocolate
- Combine the butter and peanut butter until well blended. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add the rice krispies gently. Shape into balls and set on plates or cookie sheets. Set in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. I usually put a little water in a large pot, then set the chocolate chips into a bowl which I set in the water. Be very careful not to get water into the bowl of chocolate, it will ruin the chocolate. Stir constantly as you melt.
- Dip the balls about halfway and set onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Dot the tops of the balls with a little chocolate. This is why they are called buckeyes, because they look like eyes. Refreeze the balls until the chocolate is set.