Recipe by Kattari
Mmmm... these chocolate and peanut butter balls have just the right texture (from the rice crispies) and taste for any occasion or craving. They're so easy to make and make great gifts around Christmastime.
Top Review by Lady Dancer
This is almost identical to the recipe my mother used however Mom did not use parafin and I never have either. The chocolate sets up just fine without it - perhaps not as shiny? Also, maybe I'm making mine a lot smaller, but I got 100 out of this recipe which is what I always had with Mom's recipe, so consequently it took 24 ounces of chocolate to coat them all. All that being said, it's still a wonderful recipe that is a large part of our family Christmas every year already and I was glad to have an "official" recipe check against the one I have always used. Thanks!h
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the butter, peanut butter, rice krispies and icing sugar.
- Roll the mixture into bite-size balls.
- Chill the balls until firm.
- Melt chocolate and wax in a double boiler until completely melted.
- Coat the balls in the chocolate mixture.
- Chill until the chocolate hardens.