Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Buckeyes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter or 1 1⁄2 cups Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- COMBINE peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on LOW until blended. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended. Beat in additional powdered sugar until mixture, when shaped into a ball, will stay on a toothpick. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate.
- PLACE chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Reheat as needed while coating peanut butter balls.
- INSERT toothpick in peanut butter ball. Dip 3/4 of ball into chocolate, leaving top uncovered to resemble a buckeye. Remove excess. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until firm.
- SPICY BUCKEYES: ADD 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper with peanut butter mixture in step 1. Continue recipe as directed.
An excellant recipe. A mixture of peanut butter and chocolate how could things get better??