Recipe by Starrynews
So-called because of the candy's resemblance of the nut of a Buckeye tree, which was thought to look like a buck's eye (deer's eye). Buckeyes are poisonous nuts, so these peanut butter and chocolate treats are a better choice for eating!
Top Review by thenarrow1
Horrible horrible recipe! DO NOT USE! The peanut butter mix is way too dry, you'll end up having to doctor it up to get it to come out right. Save yourself the trouble and find another recipe, or be like me and have a mess that you end up having to fix by looking up another recipes anyway
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups dipping chocolate or 2 cups chocolate bark
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 2-3 large cookie pans with wax paper.
- Beat the peanut butter and butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Stir in powdered sugar and then beat until smooth.
- Shape into 1" balls and place on the wax paper-lined pans.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Melt dipping chocolate/chocolate bark, per package instructions.
- Use a toothpick to dip the peanut butter balls into chocolate.
- Return to wax paper-lined pans and smooth out the top to remove the toothpick hole.
- Refrigerate until set.