Recipe by Milk & Cookies
I've been having a craving for peanut butter and chocolate thought I'd try these. This was a recipe I found in BH&G magazine "Christmas Cookies (1998)" I like this recipe because of the vanilla and the fact it contains no rice crispies and no wax. 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips is close to 16 ounces. After dipping the buckeyes I put the rest of the chocolate on a silpat and sprinkled some almonds on top, no point wasting good chocolate. I enjoyed them very much, so did my son.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 3 1⁄4-3 3⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine melted butter and 2 cups of powdered sugar, beat till smooth.
- Add peanut butter and beat till combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Beat in enough of the remaining sugar to make a firm but crumbly mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, and let firm up in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate with shortening, cool slightly.
- Dip peanut butter balls in chocolate till 3/4 covered.
- Place in fridge until firm.