- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 piece paraffin wax
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 ounce) jar smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix confectioners sugar, peanut butter,vanilla and margarine in bowl.
- Roll out bite sized balls of PB mixture and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Set in freezer to set.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1/4 bar of parafin in a double boiler.
- After PB balls have set, use a toothpick and dip balls 3/4 way into melted chocolate.
- Put back onto waxed paper and put aside to set.
- Candy balls will look like Buckeyes, hence the name.