Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source: Betty Crocker "Try an easy-mix cousin to the classic Buckeye candy, a delightfully rich chocolate and peanut butter cookie." Cooking time doesn't include refrigeration time.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Line 36 mini muffin cups with mini foil candy cups (about 1 1/4 inch).
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press about 1 tablespoon dough into each foil cup.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- In small bowl, mix filling ingredients until well blended.
- Press about 1 teaspoon mixture on top of each cooled cookie.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cooled.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons chocolate mixture over each cookie cup.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag.
- Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until softened; knead to mix.
- Cut off small tip from one corner of bag.
- Squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate mixture over each cookie cup. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set.
- Store covered in refrigerator.