Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These lovely little balls always end up on my Christmas cookie platters. Pretty labor intensive to make, but so tasty. I get many requests for them each year.
- 18 ounces smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs powdered sugar
- chocolate almond bark, for dipping
- In a saucepan, melt one cup butter.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and gradually add powdered sugar.
- Mixture will need to be worked by hand after adding the last 8 oz of powdered sugar.
- Re-warm mixture in microwave if needed to incorporate all of the sugar.
- Roll into little balls, about 1”.
- In top of double boiler, melt almond bark.
- Dip each peanut better ball ¾ of the way into the chocolate mixture. (A toothpick helps here!)
- Place dipped candy on waxed paper until cool.
This is time consuming but they are so good that they are worth the effort. My family loved these and they will be made for more than just holiday's. Thanks for the delicious recipe.
Other recipes on this site are easier and just as yummy. Freezing the balls makes them a lot easier to dip.