Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from Nestle's. Haven't tried it yet but I didn't want to lose it...
Make and share this Buckeye Cake - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (1 ounce) packets Choco-bake (Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup swirled peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- Grease 9-inch-round cake pan.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease.
- FOR CAKE:.
- COMBINE eggs and sugar in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, melted butter, Choco Bake, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of cake; cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto serving platter.
- Remove pan and parchment; cool completely.
- FOR PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:.
- BEAT peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until combined.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Spread mixture on cake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- FOR GANACHE:.
- HEAT cream in small saucepan to boiling; remove from heat.
- Add semi-sweet morsels; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture is spreadable.
- Spread chocolate on top and sides of cake.
- MELT peanut butter& milk chocolate morsels in resealable plastic bag on 70% power for 30 seconds.
- Knead bag to mix.
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals until melted.
- Cut a small hole from corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
What an absolutely wonderful recipe!!! It was so delicious!! I took this to thanksgiving dinner and my mother in law could not get over how well it tasted! It was very impressive also!
Absolutely fabulous! Yes, it is a little time-consuming and so rich it will curb a week's worth of choc-pb cravings :) but so worth it for that special occasion or someone. Pure ecstasy!
I made this 12/07 for the first time. Have had several family/friend requests that I bring this dessert. Perfect for OSU (GO BUCKS) fans - especially baby or wedding showers or other occasions that call for a decadent dessert