Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
Got this from Nestle's. Haven't tried it yet but I didn't want to lose it...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (1 ounce) packets Choco-bake (Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup swirled peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- 2PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- 3Grease 9-inch-round cake pan.
- 4Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease.
- 5FOR CAKE:.
- 6COMBINE eggs and sugar in large bowl.
- 7Stir in flour, melted butter, Choco Bake, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- 8Pour into prepared pan.
- 9BAKE for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 10Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 11Run knife around edge of cake; cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- 12Invert cake onto serving platter.
- 13Remove pan and parchment; cool completely.
- 14FOR PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:.
- 15BEAT peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until combined.
- 16Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- 17Spread mixture on cake.
- 18Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 19FOR GANACHE:.
- 20HEAT cream in small saucepan to boiling; remove from heat.
- 21Add semi-sweet morsels; let stand 5 minutes.
- 22Stir; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture is spreadable.
- 23Spread chocolate on top and sides of cake.
- 24MELT peanut butter& milk chocolate morsels in resealable plastic bag on 70% power for 30 seconds.
- 25Knead bag to mix.
- 26If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals until melted.
- 27Cut a small hole from corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake.
- 28Store in refrigerator.
- 29Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckeye Cake - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.1
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.4 mg
- Sodium 180.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 74.9 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peanut butter and milk chocolate chips