Recipe by senseicheryl
I received an email from Kraft Kitchens listing this as one of the featured recipes. It is different from the other ones posted on Zaar. You have to check out the picture at the www.kraftfoods.com website! YUM! :-) KRAFT KITCHEN TIPS: Serving Suggestion - Serve in holiday-colored foil candy cups. Make Ahead - Store in airtight container in freezer up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. :-) NOTE: This recipe can also be found in the Kraft Food & Family Magazine, page 38, Holiday 2008/Winter 2009 edition.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 22 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces Cool Whip Topping (Do not thaw)
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, Baker's
Directions See How It's Made
- LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended. Mix in wafer crumbs. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition. Press onto bottom of pan.
- MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 sec. or until chocolate is melted; stir until blended. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- REFRIGERATE 2 hours. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting to serve.