Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious, easy, and fast. Have gotten rave reviews for this recipe. Don't know who originated the recipe, but I've found it numerous times on different websites. This recipe is very peanut butter intense!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth, but crunchy is better!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for a glass dish).
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil and egg; beat on medium speed until crumbly. Stir in peanuts. Reserving 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder on bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk with peanut butter until smooth; spread over prepared crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
This recipe doesn't last anywhere I take it. It is very quick to make especially if you are going out somewhere and are asked to bring something this is perfect!
Even though this is the same recipe on numerous websites, I was disappointed in this recipe for Buckeye Bars. The peanuts and the peanut butter filling over-powered the crunchy brownie-like part. I made these for a tailgate party and had most of the bars left over. The bars were easy to prepare with simple ingredients that you might have on hand.
I was going to post this recipe, but upon finding it already here, I will review it instead. :) It was very good! I actually did not have a chocolate cake mix so I added some cocoa to a yellow cake mix. I used a generous 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter and had to add a bit of milk to make it more spreadable. Be careful not to over bake. This cookie bar did not last two days at my house!!