Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe called for 4 jars of peanut butter and made 144 cookies. I'v scaled it down. You might want to freeze the balls before dipping them in the chocolate.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter
- 0.875 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 0.75 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening
- Blend together the peanut butter, sugar and melted butter. Allow to chill in refrigerator.
- Roll into 1 inch round balls and return to refrigerator.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and shortening. Whisk together until smooth.
- With a toothpick inserted in the balls, dip them into the chocolate so they look like buckeyes. Place on waxed paper and allow to set in refrigerator.