Recipe by Nell Majeran
A friend of mine gave me this recipe many years ago and we would make dozens of them for our Christmas trays every year. They were the first things to go.
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 3 ingredients together.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler with oil.
- Stick toothpick in center of peanut butter ball, dip in chocolate about 3/4 of the ball, leaving a small amount of the peanut butter ball showing. Put back on waxed papered cookie sheet, remove toothpick. Refrigerate until set.
- Keep in sealed container in cool place. The yield depends on how large you make the balls. Cooking time is actually refrigeration time.