Recipe by Annie
Great holiday treat - worth the effort!
Top Review by Julesong
I know there are a lot of recipes out there, especially for candy, that contain some amount of paraffin. However, ingesting larger amounts of wax is really bad for you. Also, the recipe above also says "1/2 package" which gives no real indication of the volume of the amount. I think the recipe *could* be good if the ingredients were changed and the paraffin removed.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 32 ounces powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 piece paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cereal, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and melted butter in large bowl until you can form smooth balls.
- Roll mixture in to 1" balls.
- Melt chocolate chips and parrafin in double boiler and keep warm. (chocolate candy coating may be substituted for the chocolate & paraffin).
- Use a toothpick to dip peanut butter balls into melted chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper until set.